Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Body...Politic

"My position is, unless we are caring as much for the vulnerable outside the womb as inside the womb, we're not carrying out the full message of Jesus. ... They began to think this might threaten their base or evaporate some of their support, and they said they just couldn't go there."

This is a quote by Rev. Joel Hunter. He was going to be president of the Christian Coalition but resigned after realizing he would be unable to broaden the organization's focus to include issues such as poverty and the environment. (Source: The Washington Post).
I'm cheering for Joel Hunter.
This is beautiful.
I'm a marginal Christian. I do my best, but I fail more than I succeed. I don't speak from a position of moral authority, but I do love the voice that the church can be. If the body of Christ were to pursue the moral values he seemed so passionate about in his earthly teaching and healing ministry it would be earth shaking and beautiful.

1 Comments:

Blogger RA Cook said...

No, black 17. That's what I meant.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home