Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Holiday

As I get more engaged internationally, I found myself cribbing from the rest of the world and saying "Holiday" not "day-off."
Like today, I took Shannon and Anna on Holiday to the zoo.
Here's what I love about that.
Whether spiritual or not, time away from work should be time made "holy" in the most basic sense. This is special time, set aside, to be with those people and not with those other people.
It might be truly semantics, but I don't think so. In faith, churches matter because they are set aside for someone big and important. I think in our family relationships the notion of a Holiday is the same thing--the day matters and is given life because of the people with whom I spend them.
One of those people is crying now, and the other needs to write lesson plans. Good-night internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home