Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

My Wife is Fantastic

My last post I wrote in five minute snippets over a week of business travel.
This post will be written in 2 minutes.
My wife is fantastic.
She is amazing. Beautiful. Smart. Funny.
Have you seen than SNL skit with the two people trapped on the desert island--he gives her seashells and she fabricates a four wheeler?

That's my wife.

I was a dork in college and I would write her sonnets. They weren't very good, but that's not the point. By drawing romance from me she was engaged in a throwdown with my harder half--fighting for my heart. There is something about beauty and grace that grabs a guys heart and challenges him to be strong, to be brave, to be what he was made to be.

The Bible calls Eve a helpmate suitable and since I was raised by a strong, kind of feminist, mom this was a bit fishy to me. "Help mate" sounded a bit like "Inferior."

It turns out that the Hebrew word used is only used elsewhere within the Torah to describe a situation of dire need where God comes through to save someone. That's about right.

That's all I've got...

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Ryan,

Wow....wow....

I had never heard about the Hebrew word for "helpmate"... this is a HUGE help toward helping me communicate some of my feelings about Stacy more effectively to her...

THANKS!

-J

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home